Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Job Title: Warranty Service Technician – Fidelity Homes Inc.
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced and competent Carpenter who can work independently as well as within a team. They must have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy dealing with buyers. This position will be reserved for a person who takes pride in their work and who is detail oriented and driven. Quality craftmanship is the backbone of Fidelity Homes and our Warranty Service program is very important to us. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet Warranty deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Must be competent and able to deal with a wide range of tasks related to new home construction. These tasks include residential framing, door and window installation, drywall finishing, paint finishing, tile/laminate/hardwood/vinyl installation, exterior home installations (siding, eaves, fascia, trough, roofing), millwork construction/finishing, trim and baseboard installation/finishing etc.
- Must have confidence and knowledge of the function of mechanical systems in new home construction.
- Ensure task completion to the highest level of detail
- Manage warranty service requests efficiently and professionally
- Perform all work according to industry and company standard
- Follow health and safety guidelines at all times
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism
- Always wear personal protective equipment as required
- Valid “G” driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours & some weekends
- Ability to travel to project sites
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Demonstrates superior time management skills
- Demonstrates superior communication skills
- Enjoys working directly with the buyer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold
We offer a competitive compensation package. Please send your resume in confidence through the button below.