Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Company: Fidelity Homes Inc.
Job Title: Skilled Carpenter
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced and competent Carpenter who can work independently as well as within a team. This position will be reserved for a person who takes pride in their work and who is detail oriented and driven. Quality craftmanship is the backbone of Fidelity Homes and it is very important to us. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- General carpentry experience with new residential construction from start to finish. Including but not limited to traditional residential framing, installation of doors and windows, drywalling, finish carpentry, millwork, exterior finishing, deck building.
- Experience operating heavy machinery considered an asset (i.e: telehandler).
- Dedicated and able to start work on time everyday.
- Ensure task completion to the highest level of detail.
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Be able to work alongside other carpenters and/or independent subcontractors.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- A solid understanding of all residential construction trades and construction techniques.
- Perform all work according to industry and company standard.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and related Building Codes.
- Follow health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Always wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Minimum of 5+ years work experience with new build – residential construction projects.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours & some weekends
- Ability to travel to project sites
- Working at Heights Training considered an asset (Employer willing to train if they do not have).
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Demonstrates superior time management skills
- Demonstrates superior communication skills
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold